Support Outreach Services, Inc. (SOS) is a non-profit nondenominational Christian organization (501C3) providing financial support to organizations and missionaries dedicated to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Teen Challenge Prayer Mountain Academy
- Little Steps
- Blue Ridge Ministries
- Ken & Kris Fitch—Missionaries serving in southern Brazil.
- Clay & Rhonda Danner- ONEBODY INTL Missionary family in Taiwan
SOS was organized by Sharon Davis in 2006, after she and her family returned to the States from their 15-month mission work in Brazil. She understood the importance of financial funding for missionaries abroad from supporters back home. Word began to spread that SOS was collecting donations to begin a thrift store and the profits would help support missionaries. When donations overran the Davis’ home in March 2007, SOS rented warehouse space and eventually opened its first retail location later that year.
Partnering with other LOCAL non-profit agencies, the SOS Thrift Stores serve as the “SHAREHOUSE” for clothing, household items, furniture and other needs. The voucher program provides these necessities, free of charge, to the clients of our SHAREHOUSE partners. Thus, allowing the non-profit agencies to use their facilities to focus on the things they do best for their clients.
The SOS Thrift Stores give back to the local community by offering quality merchandise at a low cost and by providing employment opportunities. In addition, the recycling programs promoted by SOS have a positive impact on our environment and our children’s future.
SOS is committed to assisting the local community by partnering with some of the following agencies through the SOS SHAREHOUSE program:
- A Child’s Haven
- Alston Wilkes Society
- The Family Effect
- Family Footprint
- Gateway House
- Greater Employment Advocacy Association (GEAA)
- Greenville Area Interfaith Hospitality Network (GAIHN)
- Greenville County Schools
- Greer Relief
- Genesis Homes
- Julie Valentine Center
- SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department
- Taylors Free Medical Clinic
- The Triune Mercy Center
- United Ministries
As well as numerous churches.
Statement of Faith
SOS believes the Bible to be the only infallible source of wisdom, guidance and the ancient creeds of the Christian faith and to be a complete synopsis of proper theology. Within this context, SOS asserts the following Statement of Faith:
- There is one living and true God, eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; 1Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians13:14; Ephesians 4:5-6; 1 Peter 1:2)
- God formed the universe and everything in it, and it continues to operate by His design. (Genesis 1:1, 26,27; Psalms 33:6)
- Humans by their own choices broke fellowship with God, and outside of His mercy, the fellowship was irredeemable. (Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23)
- God, in His infinite grace, sought restoration with humankind through His Son Jesus Christ who was born to a virgin, lived without sin, taught the truth of the Kingdom of Heaven, and died to atone for the sins of all who believe in Him. (John 3:16; Matthew1:23; Luke 1:34-35; Hebrew 4:15; Romans 5:8-11; John 14:6; Isaiah 7:14)
- Jesus Christ was physically raised from the dead, and He ascended into heaven. (John 2:22; Romans 6:9; John 16:28; Romans 8:34)
- The Holy Spirit is the active agent of God’s power and personality in the world today, and He empowers Believers as agents of spiritual and social transformation. (Romans8:11; Acts 1:8)
- Believers, empowered by the Holy Spirit, are responsible to proclaim the Kingdom of Heaven to every person. (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 13:47)
- Jesus Christ will personally return to earth to bring about the end of the tangible world. (Acts 1:8-10; Matthew 24:29-30; 1 Thessalonians 3:13; 1 John 2:28)